Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Austin Film Festival Volunteer Diary #1

I spent my first day as a volunteer for the Austin Film Festival prepping for it's arrival. Along with tasks like filing, sorting, and unloading various materials, I braved the drizzly weather for some miscellaneous tasks at various festival locales.

The coolest job was one that was sprung on me, the task of picking up gift baskets and bottles of wine from Central Market, and delivering them to various downtown hotels to be left in the suites of some festival VIPs.

From tooling up in the valet lane, handing off my heavily-adorned key chain, to attempting to disguise my childish handwriting while crafting notes to accompany the filmmakers' baskets, it was a colorful experience, definitely an atypical day at the office.

0 comments: