Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Michael Cera to Play 14-Year-Old


Production is underway on the cinematic remake of the C.D. Payne's novel, Youth in Revolt. And 20-year-old Michael Cera has been tapped to play the lead role.

Cera's character, Nick Twisp is the 14-year-old son of two trailer trash parents in a see-saw marriage, and is on a crusade to lose his virginity to a girl he meets on a family vacation.

I have to admit I'm a little conflicted by Cera's casting. On one hand, I'm a fan of the novel and of Cera so it seems like a natural marriage. Of course, the six year age leap is a little odd. We'll just have to see if he pulls it off.

Film School Rejects has released the first images of the film.

The cast also includes Justin Long, Steve Buscemi, Ray Liotta and Zach Galifianakis.

1 comments:

Vic said...

Two things: I will watch anything with Zack Galifinakis.
And I think Michael Cera will remain a teenager for all eternity. Hasn't he been 18 for 4 years or something?