Friday, October 31, 2008

Rocky Horror Picture Show @ The Alamo



We spent the latter half of our Halloween at an interactive performance of the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Alamo Village. The event included a costume contest as well as all the seemingly sacred rituals performed before and during the show.
Link
Performers put on this show every Saturday at Midnight, and almost nightly around Halloween. You could tell the regulars were really having fun; they chanted nonsensicals and danced around in delight.

But it wasn't really my cup of tea.

There were hilarious moments, don't get me wrong. But loud obnoxious inside jokes and fleeting partial nudity definitely aren't my scene. The best part of the experience was an old standby, Alamo Drafthouse chips and queso.

It was a fun thing to do once, but I don't plan on going back. Next time I go to a movie where they talk over the dialog, rest assured it'll be a Master Pancake.

0 comments: